There are still weaknesses in the stitch holes that are made when seams are sewed into materials, even if developments in fabric technology have generated water resistant and waterproof fabrics that can be used for tents, jackets, and so much more.
It doesn’t matter if this seam joins two tent panels or the sleeve of a jacket’s main body panels; it still provides a hole for water to enter through.
These weak stitch holes may be sealed up using seam sealing tape to make the cloth seam waterproof and keep water out.
Multi-layered adhesive tapes called seam tapes are used to stop water from leaking out of seams. They are used, among other things, to air proof and waterproof shoes, clothing, and automobile parts. These tapes are placed to a seam at a heated temperature and are thermally activated. The needle holes are covered with tape, which helps keep moisture out. There are several varieties of seam tapes. For instance, among others, lightweight seam tape is used for shoes and ultra-seam tape is used for sensitive textiles.
one of the largest sports-related end consumers of seam tapes. The primary factors driving the market growth for seam tape are expansion and quick investments made in the sports sector, especially in developing nations.
What precisely is seam sealing tape?
Simply said, seam sealing tape is an adhesive that is applied to the seams of garments and other manufactured goods to stop moisture infiltration and give strength to the seam junction.
In manufacturing and clothing, seam sealing tapes come in three different categories.
- Seam sealing tapes with a single layer
Only heat can cause single-layer seam sealing tapes to melt onto PU coated materials.
- Tapes for layer seam sealing
With items like waterproof coats, a two-layer seam sealing tape is frequently utilised to stop water from penetrating stitch seams.
- Tapes for layer seam sealing
They are similar to two-layer seam sealing tapes but thicker and more durable, making them perfect for usage in harsher environments including military applications, medical wear, the automotive sector (for things like car seat seam sealing and dashboards), dry and wet suits, and PPE Apparel.
For more information about seam tape market visit
Where do seam sealing tapes find frequent use?
Seam sealing tapes are frequently used in:
- Outdoor clothing such as fishing equipment and water-resistant jackets.
- Sports Clothing
- Boots and other footwear that are water-resistant Tents for camping, sleeping bags, and backpacks
- Military clothing, packs, vests, helmets, and other equipment PPE including masks, gowns, suits, and much more. Wet suits, dry suits, and diving equipment.
Growth rate in seam tape market
- One major driver of expansion for the seam tape market is the rising need for clothing that shields the body from inclement weather. According to data from Data Bridge Market Research, the market will grow at a 6.8% CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
- This seam tape market report details recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and regional market participants, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market growth, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, and geographical information.
Global Seam Tape Market Scope and Market Size
The market for seam tape is divided into categories according on type, backing material, and covered applications. The development of the many market segments enables you to learn about the various growth variables anticipated to prevail across the board and to develop various tactics to assist in identifying key application areas and the differences in your target market.
- The seam tape market is divided into single-layered and multi-layered categories based on type.
- The market for seam tape is divided into three categories based on the backing material: polyurethane, polyvinyl chloride, and others.
- The seam tape market is segmented by application into casual clothes, intimate apparel, surgical, sportswear, industrial, sports innerwear, shoes, and other applications.
About Data Bridge Market Research
The Data Bridge Market Research is a one-stop shop for providing useful insight from industry research. Via our syndicated and consulting research services, we assist our clients in finding answers to their research needs. Our areas of expertise include the semiconductor, fast-moving consumer goods, automation, healthcare, medical devices, technology, chemicals, and materials sectors.
A pioneer in cutting-edge formative research is Data Bridge Market Research. We take satisfaction in providing data and analysis to both new and current customers that are appropriate for their objectives. The report may be altered to incorporate refurbished market and product base analysis, clinical trial outcomes data, literature research, and pricing trend analysis of target brands’ prices in new countries (ask for a list of countries). Technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies may be used to assess market analysis of target rivals. In the structure and data type you choose, we may include as many rivals as you need.